Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Trial of First Amendment Rights: Results

So, of course we're appealing, but last week, my mother was sentenced to 18 months served in West Virginia starting June 9th.  I can't say any more right now about the case in particular at this time, but I can speak a bit to my own state of mind in all this...

...I'm scared, confused, and upset.  I mean, at least in my dad's case, he was a little over an hour away.  We could (and did) visit him twice a weekend without much trouble.  My mom will be 8 hours away.  As selfish as it sounds...I have a whole life here, including work, friends, and participating in the Renaissance Festival.  How can I make my situations compatible?

In truth, I'm not sure I can...



For background, see this, and if you know very little about the overall situation, start HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment